Choosing and purchasing a Damascus knife set designed for permanent wear is a responsible and difficult task. Adequate quality products that can serve flawlessly for many years. Use the right amount so that you do not choose a specific amount. Just “like it or hate it” to any Damascus knife set. It was created to perform a particular task. And trying to choose a versatile Damascus knife set in an online store with a universal design often hides mistakes. The downside of choice is obvious.
The fantastic range of modern knives in the market and the wide variety of products in knife and knives stores are explained by its comprehensive functionality. The concept of “good knife” is used directly in work:
- High blade hardness and strength are important under impact.
- For city dwellers who need a Damascus knife set to open cartons, hold pencils, or cut apples. You need a compact and lightweight model that does not carry weight in your pocket.
- For self-defense, the use of an automatic Damascus knife set is pointless. Because this design does not have a high level of reliability. It is also susceptible to pollution. (But it is stressful when the blade just needs to be scared, it is not used, the model of front loading machine is very efficient)
- Field operations required a simple, reliable sword that acted as a weapon and tool. A small Damascus knife set will not work.
Although the question is complex, you can have guidelines when choosing. The main parameter will be ergonomics. The grades of steel used to make the blades include weight, shape, shape of the blade, and concepts of material handling and lock-type ergonomics in open comfort. It is easy to grasp and grasp, one of the important criteria is the balance between price and quality.
Damascus Knife set – Blade length and desired weight
The average blade length of a Damascus knife set for daily use should be 3 to 4 inches, ie 7.5-9 cm, and when the blade length is less than 7.5 cm, it may not be sufficient for normal household chores. , Long. There is a knife. Damascus knife set loses their main advantage – compactness in the form of joints.
Those looking to select and purchase Damascus Knives set in America should consider that most of these blades reach a length of 10-13 cm. This position is a good compromise between blade length and comfort when working with precision.
Easy to use
- This criterion is purely thematic. Because it depends on many factors:
- The size of the user’s palm
- Features of physiology
- Application frequency
- The intensity of work with cutting edges etc.
But the key factor can be considered the “traction” of the handle, which is achieved by the shape and non-slip pad.
Ease of opening can only be assessed at the time of submission of application. To this end it can:
- Hole for the index finger on the blade
- The index finger rests on the blade or bus.
- Wave (hook);
- The incision on the blade (cut under the nail) and other options.
The fastest common options are buttons and wings.
The size of the blade directly affects the quality of the cut, ie how easily the blade penetrates the material. The best option is a triple wedge lens and a concave lens. All three wedges are straight at the bottom and thicker than the blades at the edges.
When choosing, you can differentiate between the following principles:
- The high cut on the blade provides excellent cutting properties.
- Increasing the cross-sectional area results in increased resistance to lateral loads.
- Concave grinding ensures an excellent cut, especially in shallow drilling. But the power is limited by reducing the cross-sectional area just above the cutting edge. (If you want a heavy-duty hunting knife, it is better to buy a straight cut) *
- The Tento profile will provide maximum stability for the tip.
- The curved profile works well with modern materials. But it is important to understand that working with such products weakens the site and makes it difficult to speed up the process independently.
Damascus Knife set: Choose blade material.
Damascus knife sets are usually made of alloy steel. The better the steel, the sharper and sharper it will be. The material must bear any load, which causes blade malfunction, cracking, and cracking as a result of dynamic load. The following factors should be considered:
Most complex models are not made for long and hard work. Therefore, it does not require particularly high hardness. At the level of 57-59 HCR, the indicators are considered satisfactory. The standard series manufacturer only hardens steels above 60 HCr in a limited number of available series.
There is no clear measurement in the energy parameter. But it shows resistance to cracking and deformation during widespread use. Excessive stiffness causes wear and tear under heavy loads. High strength provides excellent resistance to longitudinal bending.
manufacturers try to make the blade resistant to the effects of moisture and acid by adding chromium, nickel, titanium, or molybdenum to the mixture.
refers to the resistance of steel to cracking and adhesive corrosion. It depends on the hardness of the steel and its chemical composition. Advanced strategy knives with high wear resistance will last longer. Although this is often a mystery.
Damascus Knife set is generally made of 420 NS, D2 (Long Sharpening), 440C, 14C28T, 12C27 (mainly Scandinavian companies), and ATS-55 (high wear resistance). Great) and others
- The modern rubber-like material demonstrates a good comfortable grip. It is very sensitive to mechanical damage from temperature and sharp objects.
- The hard plastic with fiberglass or Kevlar is strong in structure and still provides excellent grip. But it does reduce vibration a bit compared to rubber.
- Fiberglass slides are very strong and provide the perfect weight-to-strength ratio.
- Metals (iron, titanium, and aluminum) provide unparalleled durability. Sometimes there is an external attraction. But the value of these features – is the ability to reduce the growing weight of the product and the comfort of holding it.
- Traditional materials (leather, horn, wood) lose their texture in many ways, and the biggest drawback is moisture exposure. Although you want to buy a city knife in the USA, not a hunting knife. But the owner will not have to complain about easy handling to comply with the usage rules.