Nowadays video Live Streaming is the major source of content consumption and has been in demand since the lockdown ended. With the increase in the number of smart devices along with bandwidth services, demand has never been much higher. As its name suggests Video On Demand is watching the content whenever you like, wherever you like.
In this blog, we are going to cover the basics of video-on-demand services, live streaming services, and their benefits in the industry.
VOD – All you need to know
VOD means video on demand. It is more in demand with help of many platforms providing on-demand services.
Technically speaking, it refers to the way video content is consumed by the audience as per their requirements rather than scheduled by the broadcaster. It uses some compression techniques to decode & encode the data, which is a bit complex process to explain.
Let’s explore the different types of VOD which have been mentioned below –
- AVOD – advertise video on demand – its example include live streaming providers -Youtube services etc. and these videos are freely available for the users to watch.
- SVOD- subscription video on demand- its example includes Netflix, Disney, etc. and it is the most popular revenue model for the business.
- TVOD – transactional video on demand – its example includes amazon prime etc. which pays for the particular video consumer wishes to watch.
Benefits of VOD
- As these videos are pre-produced there are more chances of making corrections as per the requirements.
- You get enough time to make your raw video turn into a thrilling one with the help of customizable options.
- As these videos involve editing features, there are more chances to get creative with the help of certain tools that won’t work in live streaming services.
- It comes up with a wide variety & of suitability options which makes it even more convenient for the audience.
Live Streaming – All you need to know
Live streaming thus allows you to share real-time events directly with your audience.
After all, sharing real-time events with the help of live streaming service providers is a great way to make your audience feel top of the world exclusively & making it an important tool for your business marketing strategy.
Live stream thus creates a sense of connection for your customers within an organization. It can be done for various purposes, of which some have been described below-
- Product Description
- Launching of a new product or service
- Sharing of important news or specific information related to any topic
- Press Releases
It is also a great way of sharing important information with the community, audience & employees within an organization. Most people prefer to watch the event live streaming with the help of service providers to save their precious time.
For live streaming, you do not need many instruments only basic things like – a smartphone with a digital camera, a good internet connection, and access to leading social media platforms like- Facebook, Youtube, etc.
Benefits of Live Streaming
- Unlike any other marketing tools, live streaming platforms do not require much setup as well as a big budget.
- As there is no post-production whatsoever in organizing these events, the time consumption is very less.
- It involves real-time interaction with the audience
- There are no chances to edit your live stream event. This is the way of working on live videos.
- It can be beneficial for some of the businesses which use live streaming sessions as a part of their training programs and ultimately reduce the cost of production.
What is the Difference between Live Streaming & VOD
- VOD is very different from live stream. The main difference is in the case of VOD your content is recorded and anyone can edit before actually viewing it while in the case of live streaming it is not possible.
- Live streaming videos can convert to smaller videos to watch afterwards but it is not vice versa.
- Live streaming of the events is a real-time experience for the viewers while VOD can schedule later by the audience itself.
- Live streaming is there when you want to create a personal & authentic connection with your audience in real-time.
- VOD can increase the viewership of your content by leaving the audience to decide when to watch your content.
Live streamings is a great tool for expanding your business online and reaching your targeted viewers at the global level.
There is no doubt on the equal significance of video on demand works well for businesses in the long run. The most you can do it by making a combination of both of the streaming platforms and thus ultimately create a comprehensive streaming business that gives your audience an everlasting experience.
It ultimately depends on the choice of the target audience and the medium through which content delivery takes place.